Sunday, July 3, 2011

This week's flavor is...PHISH FOOD

One of my all time favorite B&J flavors.

The flavor was launched on February 20, 1997. It consists of chocolate ice cream with caramel & marshmallow swirls and fudge fish. Ben and Jerry's announced that all of the proceeds of Phish Food sales would be donated to environmental work to restore Lake Champlain (source: http://phish.net/faq/phood).  


The name of the flavor was named after the Vermont based band Phish. The ice cream was originally called Moby Dick and had alternate ingredients. B&J saw the potential for another music-based ice cream similar to Cherry Garcia (source: http://phish.net/faq/phood)


Phish Food even has a Facebook fan page with over 19,000 fans http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Jerry-Phish-Food/55724794313

Once you open this pint up, you can't stop eating it. I eat all of the flavors with nothing on them (only the ice cream, no sprinkles, whip cream, etc). The texture of the ice cream is second to none and you can actually taste the caramel and marshmallows. There isn't a overabundance of any flavor; everything is balanced. One bite and you are hooked.

And the best part is the fudge "phish". One of the things I like to do is to take a spoonful of ice cream with a fudge phish and get the fudge fish by itself and eat it. I have been doing that since I was a kid.

So my rating is a 10/10 (I am also biased because this is one of my favs lol)
If you haven't tried this flavor yet, you are missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment